Meet the 2020-2021 Scholars
About The Scholarship
Raising a child shouldn’t keep young mothers from achieving their academic goals.
In 2006, with funds contributed by Winston & Cashatt Lawyers, Women Helping Women Fund established an educational scholarship to honor Vivian Winston.
The Vivian Winston Scholarship awards funds, historically ranging from $1,500-$4,000, to assist mothers attending Eastern Washington University, Gonzaga University, Washington State University: Spokane, Whitworth University, or the Community Colleges of Spokane with tuition and child care. The scholarship is named in honor of one of Women Helping Women Fund’s founders who worked through her life to remove barriers for women and children.
- Be a continuing or incoming full-time female student at Eastern Washington University, Gonzaga University, Washington State University: Spokane, Whitworth University, Spokane Community College, and Spokane Falls Community College pursuing an Associate Degree, Bachelors Degree, or special certification.
- A resident of Spokane County while attending school.
- Have dependent children requiring child care during the scholarship year
- Available to attend, as a guest, our major event in May and provide a short biography and photo for the luncheon program.
- A typical scholarship ranges between $1,500 and $4,000
- Scholarship recipients may apply over multiple years and may receive consecutive awards.
- Scholarship recipients may be asked to provide their most recent tax statement before distribution.
- Scholarships will be distributed from the Vivian Winston Fund directly to Eastern Washington University, Gonzaga University, Washington State University: Spokane, Whitworth University, and the Community Colleges of Spokane by June 30, 2021.
- To preview application prior to official submission, please download a copy of the application below.
- Application Submission Period: December 12, 2020 - March 5, 2021
- Applicant Notifications: March 19, 2021
- Finalist Interviews: Week of March 22, 2021
- Recipients Notified: April 9, 2021
- Bios of Recipients Due: April 16, 2021