2020 Grant Application
Funding for 2020-2021 Grant Year
Women Helping Women Fund provides funds to programs that offer preventive strategies and/or proactive initiatives in one or more of the following areas that align with the organization's mission to empower women and children to create healthy families and vibrant communities.
- Basic Needs- Ensuring a safe and healthy environment for women and/or children
- Education- Helping women and/or children achieve their potential
- Income- Increasing financial stability and opportunity for women and/or children
We are excited to host another grant information session this year! We will be holding the session virtually on September 23 from 2:00-3:00pm.
Follow the link below to RSVP to the session.
To receive funds, your agency must:
- Have 501(c) (3) tax-exempt status as defined by the Internal Revenue Service.
- Spend no more than 5% of your budget on legislative involvement.
- WHWF considers grant applications for programs in Spokane County only.
- WHWF does not fund individuals, political action organizations, or endowment funds
Women Helping Women Fund uses the following guidelines:
- WHWF grants funds to specific programs, not agencies, which support women and children.
- WHWF encourages that each agency only submits one application each year. Given the high demand for funding, it is unlikely that WHWF will be able to provide funding to more than one program per agency within a grant year.
- WHWF awards responsive grants for one year. Grant funds are available to spend between July 1 and June 30. No funds should be expensed prior to July 1 or after June 30. After the termination of the grant year, unexpended funds must be returned to the WHWF office by September 1.
- WHWF examines the financial stability of programs and agencies.
- WHWF favors innovative, collaborative, and creative programs that meet community needs and align with our mission to empower women and children to create healthy families and vibrant communities.
- WHWF may conduct site visits prior to allocating funds.
Timeline & A Quick Note About the Process
If your LOI meets criteria in the initial review, you will receive an invitation email to submit the Full Application. A site visit may be scheduled with a member of the WHWF Allocations Committee. This is not an indication of funding. WHWF will communicate a decision about your application when the programmatic review and due diligence process is complete. Grant decisions are subject to Board-adopted guidelines and approval.
Grant Information Seminar | September 23, 2020 2:00pm-3:00pm
Letter of Intent Applications Open | September 28-October 16, 2020
LOI Notifications & Invitation to Submit Full Application | November 10, 2020
Full Applications Open | November 10-November 30, 2020
Site Visits | January 4, 2021-February 1, 2021
Grantee Notifications | March 15, 2021
Distribution of Funds | June 30, 2021