To assist potential applicants with the grant process, an informational session is scheduled to share information about the Letter of Intent (LOI), grant application and field questions from agencies. No need to RSVP beforehand, please join us!
2019 Grant Application
Funding for 2019-2020 Grant Year
Women Helping Women Fund provides funds to programs that offer preventive strategies and/or proactive initiatives in one or more of the following areas that align with the organization's mission to empower women and children to create healthy families and vibrant communities.
- Basic Needs- Ensuring a safe and healthy environment for women and/or children
- Education- Helping women and/or children achieve their potential
- Income- Increasing financial stability and opportunity for women and/or children
To receive funds, your agency must:
- Have 501(c) (3) tax-exempt status as defined by the Internal Revenue Service.
- Spend no more than 5% of your budget on legislative involvement.
- WHWF considers grant applications for programs in Spokane County only.
- WHWF does not fund individuals, political action organizations, or endowment funds, and no more than 15% of administrative/indirect costs.
Women Helping Women Fund uses the following guidelines:
- WHWF grants funds to specific programs, not agencies, which support women and children.
- WHWF encourages that each agency only submits one application each year. Given the high demand for funding, it is unlikely that WHWF will be able to provide funding to more than one program per agency within a grant year.
- WHWF awards responsive grants for one year. Grant funds are available to spend between July 1 and June 30. No funds should be expensed prior to July 1 or after June 30. After the termination of the grant year, unexpended funds must be returned to the WHWF office by September 1.
- WHWF examines the financial stability of programs and agencies.
- WHWF favors innovative, collaborative, and creative programs that meet community needs and align with our mission to empower women and children to create healthy families and vibrant communities.
- WHWF may conduct site visits prior to allocating funds.
Timeline & A Quick Note About the Process
If your LOI meets criteria in the initial review, you will receive an invitation email to submit the Full Application. A site visit may be scheduled with a member of the WHWF Allocations Committee. This is not an indication of funding. WHWF will communicate a decision about your application when the programmatic review and due diligence process is complete. Grant decisions are subject to Board-adopted guidelines and approval.
Letter of Intent Applications Open | September 16-October 4, 2019
Grant Information Seminar | September 18, 2019 11:30am-1:00pm at NEWESD 101's Talbott Event Center 4202 S Regal Spokane, WA
LOI Notifications & Invitation to Submit Full Application | October 16, 2019
WHWF Giving Circles Event | November 7, 2019
Full Applications Open | October 17-November 15, 2019
Site Visits | December 16, 2019-January 24, 2020
Grantee Notifications | March 20, 2020
WHWF Luncheon | May 19, 2020
Distribution of Funds | June 29, 2020
Questions? Contact the WHWF office at info@WHWFspokane.org or 509-328-8285.