2018 Grant Application
Funding for 2019-2020 Grant Year
Women Helping Women Fund provides funds to programs in the Spokane community that ensure women and children have opportunities to reach their highest potential. We fund programs that offer preventive strategies and/or proactive initiatives in one or more of the following areas:
Basic Needs and Healthy Lifestyles
Increasing Financial Stability and Opportunity
Any 501(c)(3) agency operating within Spokane County, Washington, which offers or envisions a program serving woman and/or children in the aforementioned areas, is encouraged to review our application materials and consider applying for funding. Grants are generally $10,000-$25,000.
- October 19, 2018 – Applications due by 12:00 Noon
- January 2019 – Site visits conducted by WHWF board members
- February 26, 2019 – Notification of approved or declined
- May 2019 – Grantee hosts a table at annual WHWF benefit luncheon (date TBD)
- June 28, 2019 – Grant checks mailed for 2018-2019 funding year
- December 2019 – Mid-Year Reports due
- July 2020 – Year-End Reports due
- 501(c)(3) agency
- program is operating within Spokane County, Washington
- current or envisioned program serving women and/or children in at least one of the following areas: Education, Basic Needs and Healthy Lifestyles, Increasing Financial Stability and Opportunity
- Agency spends no more than 5% of their budget on legislative involvement.
- WHWF does not fund individuals, political action organizations, or endowment funds, and no more than 15% of administrative/indirect costs.
WHWF encourages that each agency only submits one application each year. Given the high demand for funding, it is unlikely that WHWF will be able to provide funding to more than one program per agency within a grant year.
An informal brown bag session was held on Monday September 17th to assist potential applicants with the application process. The powerpoint presented at the session is available below. If you have additional questions please feel free to contact the WHWF office.
How to Apply
- Download the instructions and template documents available below.
- Complete the information requested using the template documents.
- Submit the application and required documents here. Once an application is submitted, it cannot be modified. Note: Applications may not be submitted in-person to the WHWF office.
- Applications must be submitted by noon on October 19, 2018.
Questions? Contact the WHWF office at info@WHWFspokane.org or 509-328-8285.