2017 Grant Application
Funding for 2018-2019 Grant Year
The 2017 Grant Application cycle is now closed. The 2018 Grant Application will be available next fall.
Women Helping Women Fund provides funds to programs in the Spokane community that ensure women and children have opportunities to reach their highest potential. We fund programs that offer preventive strategies and/or proactive initiatives in one or more of the following areas:
Basic Needs and Healthy Lifestyles
Increasing Financial Stability and Opportunity
Any 501(c)(3) agency operating within Spokane County, Washington, which offers or envisions a program serving woman and/or children in the aforementioned areas, is encouraged to review our application materials and consider applying for funding. Grants are generally $5,000-$25,000.
- October 20, 2017 – Applications due by 12:00 Noon
- January 2018 – Site visits conducted by WHWF board members
- February 26, 2018 – Notification of approved or declined
- May 2018 – Grantee hosts a table at annual WHWF benefit luncheon (date TBD)
- June 29, 2018 – Grant checks mailed for 2018-2019 funding year
- December 2018 – Mid-Year Reports due
- July 2019 – Year-End Reports due
- 501(c)(3) agency
- program is operating within Spokane County, Washington
- current or envisioned program serving women and/or children in at least one of the following areas: Education, Basic Needs and Healthy Lifestyles, Increasing Financial Stability and Opportunity
- Agency spends no more than 5% of their budget on legislative involvement.
- WHWF does not fund individuals, political action organizations, or endowment funds, and no more than 15% of administrative/indirect costs.
WHWF encourages that each agency only submits one application each year. Given the high demand for funding, it is unlikely that WHWF will be able to provide funding to more than one program per agency within a grant year.