"It’s as if she reached into her heart, captured the raw emotions there, and translated them into words that anyone who’s ever known pain or shame—in other words, every human on the planet—can relate to."
- Oprah Winfrey
“Studies show that around the world and here at home - the surest way to lift a family or community is to lift a woman. When a woman rises, she brings her people up with her. ”
- Glennon Doyle Melton
Quit Hating Her
[Glennon discusses why hating on women outside of the home translates to connections within home.]
[Glennon’s daughter creates a petition to change the standards of beauty]
This Is What I Believe About Marriage, Infidelity, Divorce, & Redemption
[Glennon emphasizes that love is never wasted, no matter the outcome.]
This Is Why You Couldn’t Feel Her Love For You
[Glennon speaks on obstacles in receiving love. ]
The Best Part of Life
[Glennon shares her take on sistering, the best part of life.]
For Your Reading
Glennon on becoming a Love Warrior
The Wisdom of Story
Brené Brown and Glennon Doyle Melton Workshop
For Your Viewing
Glennon shares her favorite part of life: Sistering
Why We Chose Glennon
We chose Glennon because she aligns with our mission of empowering women and children to create healthy and vibrant communities. Her message is one of embracing courage, boldness and purpose in their life’s work. As a recovering bulimic and addict, she offers an empowering, hopeful and fresh perspective on healing. And she is perhaps beloved most for her unique ability to inspire women to embrace unity and each other by showing up as our real, messy and beautiful selves.
10 things to know about Glennon Doyle Melton
1. Glennon suffered from bulimia, alcoholism, and drug usage for 20 years. Her addiction to bulimia started at 10 years old.
2. However, Glennon overcame addiction with the help of a positive pregnancy test… on Sunday May 12, 2002. Mother’s Day.
3. Pregnancy led to a vow for a new life. No drugs, drinks, cigarettes, unhealthy relationships or food binges.
4. Probably just like you, she loves caffeine and is a sugar addict.... which might have an influence on her insomnia though she chooses to deny that.
5. She thinks she's a "crappy Christian," but that doesn't stop her unwavering love for Jesus.
6. Glennon is a "Recovering Everything," but is more proud of that title than anything else.
7. Ever heard of Oprah's Book Club? Glennon's bestselling memoir Love Warrior is apart of it along with New York Times bestseller Carry On, Warrior.
8. Together Rising is a non-profit helping vulnerable women and children. She's the founder AND president of it.
9. Want to be part of a Flash Mob? Glennon and Together Rising enlist “Love Flash Mobs” which has used online giving to help countless numbers of families with critical financial resources.
10. And to top off everything she’s done and been through, she's a Sunday School Teacher.